Tips for Responsible Gambling: Enhancing Player Experience
In preparation for the upcoming European Safer Gambling Week 2023, SOFTSWISS, a renowned technology company in the iGaming industry, is sharing valuable tips to promote responsible gambling practices. These tips aim to ensure the best possible player experience while adhering to licensing requirements and core values.
SOFTSWISS’ Commitment to Responsible Gambling
SOFTSWISS recognizes the importance of responsible gambling and has developed a robust framework to meet the requirements set by licensing authorities. The company conducts rigorous internal audits and provides comprehensive employee training to ensure strict compliance. By doing so, SOFTSWISS endeavors to deliver an unparalleled player experience.
The Role of the Anti-Fraud Team
SOFTSWISS’ Anti-Fraud Team plays a crucial role in promoting responsible gambling. Through in-house research, the team has developed a proprietary approach to address this issue effectively. They have processed over 26K requests in the past year, including player lockouts, analysis of at-risk players, and player reactivations.
Ilya Nesterov, the Anti-Fraud Team Lead, states that they are witnessing an increase in the number of players under monitoring. The team focuses on vulnerable player groups and implements dedicated monitoring segments based on various factors.
Responsible Gambling Principles
SOFTSWISS follows several key principles to enhance responsible gambling practices:
- Knowledge Power: SOFTSWISS provides rigorous training programs to its dedicated team to cultivate advocates for responsible gambling. Their proficiency and deep understanding of player safety contribute to a safer iGaming industry.
- Player Empowerment: The company equips players with tools to set deposit limits, session durations, and self-exclusion measures. They emphasize educating players about these options, empowering them to take control of their gaming experience.
- Analytics and Alerts: SOFTSWISS continuously develops cutting-edge data analytics tools to monitor player behavior, detect unusual patterns, and promptly address potential issues.
- Quarterly Analysis: The Anti-Fraud Team conducts in-depth analyses of responsible gambling requests, identifying the need for evolving tools and methods to effectively tackle challenges.
- Operator and Customer-Centric Procedures: SOFTSWISS prioritizes customer well-being and educates operators, fostering a win-win scenario for all stakeholders while ensuring an exceptional player experience.
- Regular Check-Ups: Periodic audits and assessments ensure that responsible gambling policies remain sharp and effective.
- Open Dialogues: Maintaining open channels of communication with departments, managers, and operators cultivates a partnership focused on safer gambling.
SOFTSWISS is an international iGaming company known for its ISO 27001-certified software solutions. With over 1,700 employees based in Malta, Poland, Georgia, and Belarus, the company holds various gaming licenses and offers comprehensive iGaming software solutions. Their product portfolio includes the Online Casino Platform, Game Aggregator, Affilka affiliate platform, Sportsbook Software, and Jackpot Aggregator. In 2013, SOFTSWISS was the first in the world to introduce a Bitcoin-optimized online casino solution.
Keywords: responsible gambling, player experience, iGaming industry, Safer Gambling Week, SOFTSWISS, Anti-Fraud Team, player monitoring, player safety