Valve has made some balancing moves in Patch 7.19d of Dota 2 to prepare for the larger 7.20 patch. This update focuses on nerfing popular heroes that are currently dominating the meta.
There are no mechanical or gameplay updates in this patch, only changes to heroes. Many fans are eager for the release of Patch 7.20, as they are growing tired of the current meta and want a more significant shift.
Hero Changes in Patch 7.19d:
- Drow Ranger: Marksmanship agility bonus reduced from 40/60/80 to 35/55/75
- Earthshaker: Base armor reduced by 1
- Grimstroke: Ink Swell max damage reduced from 220/280/340/400 to 160/240/320/400
- Grimstroke: Ink Swell movement speed bonus reduced from 18/22/26/30 percent to 18 percent
- Grimstroke: Phantom Embrace latch duration from 4/4/5/5 to 5
- Grimstroke: Phantom Embrace DPS rescaled from 12/18/24/30 to 6/14/22/30
- Necrophos: Level 10 Talent reduced from +40 Damage to +30
- Necrophos: Level 20 Talent reduced from +80 Attack Speed to +70
- Phantom Lancer: Spirit Lance cast range rescaled from 750 to 525/600/675/750
- Riki: Smoke Screen slow rescaled from 10/15/20/25 percent to 8/12/16/20 percent
- Riki: Smoke Screen miss chance rescaled from 40/50/60/70 percent to 10/30/50/70 percent
- Riki: Tricks of the Trade AoE reduced from 500 to 450
- Riki: Tricks of the Trade duration rescaled from 4/5/6 to 4/4.5/5
- Riki: Level 20 Talent reduced from +900 Blink Strike Range to +700
- Riki: Level 25 Talent reduced from +400 Tricks of the Trade AoE to +300
- Silencer: Last Word damage reduced from 120/180/240/300 to 75/150/225/300
- Terrorblade: Conjure Image manacost increased from 70 to 70/75/80/85
- Terrorblade: Reflection slow reduced from -25 percent to -20 percent
- Terrorblade: Sunder manacost increased from 200/100/0 to 200/100/50
- Terrorblade: Level 15 Talent reduced from +300 Health to +250
- Treant Protector: Leech Seed heal reduced from 15/30/45/60 to 12/24/36/48
- Undying: Tombstone hit count reduced from 4/5/6/8 to 4/5/6/7
- Ursa: Fury Swipes duration reduced from 20 to 8/12/16/20
- Weaver: Shukuchi manacost increased from 60 to 70
- Zeus: Arc Lightning manacost increased from 65/70/75/80 to 80
While some changes may not have a significant impact on gameplay, others like Earthshaker’s reduced base armor and Grimstroke’s Ink Swell changes will have a noticeable effect. These adjustments will require players to adapt their strategies and item choices.
Other changes in the patch include minor edits to damage, cast times, healing, and manacost. All of these changes will impact hero efficiency but will not render any heroes unplayable.
As we await the release of Patch 7.20, which is expected to come out in mid-November to early December, Patch 7.19d will be the official format for the upcoming 2018-19 pro season. It will be interesting to see how these nerfs shape the competitive scene.