ESI Hall of Fame Awards to be Held at World Esports Summit in South Korea
Esports Insider has announced that the 2023 edition of the ESI Hall of Fame awards will take place at the World Esports Summit in Busan, South Korea. The event is a collaboration with Headline Partner – IESF.
The awards ceremony will be held on the evening of November 28th as part of the 8th edition of the WE Summit. Last year, the event had over 150 attendees and 40 speakers from the esports, sports, global brands, government officials, and key industry leaders.
ESI Hall of Fame aims to recognize individuals from around the world who have made significant contributions to the esports industry. This is the first time the ceremony will be held in the Asia-Pacific region, after previous editions in London and Los Angeles.
Awards to be presented at the Hall of Fame 2023 ceremony include:
1. Hall of Famer – Recognizing an individual’s outstanding contribution and growth in the esports industry.
2. Rising Industry Star – Acknowledging the impact and achievements of a young individual making a difference.
3. Community Champion – Awarding an individual using esports to make a positive social impact in local communities and grassroots scenes.
4. Youth Champion – Honoring an individual inspiring the next generation through esports programs in educational institutions and beyond.
5. To be announced – IESF Award.
The nominees for the awards are chosen by ESI from a selection of individuals nominated by industry professionals based on their contributions to the esports industry and the impact they have made.
Since its inception in 2018, the ESI Hall of Fame has welcomed 14 inductees, including notable figures like Jason ‘1’ Lake (Founder & CEO of Complexity Gaming), Heather ‘sapphiRe’ Garozzo (ex-Counter-Strike Observer and Founder of Raidiant), Mike Sepso (CSO at ESL FACEIT Group), and Sue ‘Smix’ Lee (VP Talent Management at RTS).
Keywords: ESI Hall of Fame, World Esports Summit, Busan, South Korea, esports industry, awards ceremony, Asia-Pacific region